Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Slow Ticking Clock

12-1-2006

It is another Friday in the office; 19 days until blast off! From the looks of my itinerary; this has the makings to be a very grueling travel experience. However, I think if I can handle an 18 hour bus ride to Munich; I can handle just about anything travel experience. But suffice to say I will be a bit tired when I arrive in Seattle. I am hoping that the adrenaline rush I will have from being on home soil will get me through the fatigue and jet lag. I am very tired for some reason, so I will finish this when I am in a better mood.

12-5-2006

Two more weeks and I will be on my way home! The weather has cooled down quite a bit, I pulled the long johns out of a storage bag today; it’s about that time of the year. I don’t even know why I started writing today; I have nothing significant to say. I will continue this some other time.

12-13-2006

Well…………only 7 more days until my journey begins. The last two weeks have felt like two years. I have been so anxious to leave this country, that I have been losing sight of the reasons why I am here in the first place. I originally did not want to come back to America at all during my PC service. I knew that if I went home it would be very difficult because I would be constantly reminded of all the things that I am lacking in Bulgaria. Now days it does not bother me as much, I am exceedingly ready for a trip home.
I finally received my grant money from the USAID; unfortunately it is about 3 months too late. So now I am forced to postpone all the planned construction work for early spring. This pretty much destroys my project schedule and timeline; but at least I no longer have any hurdles to jump over to get this thing done………the money is in the bank! My Project CURE project is 90% completed……….which is nice. I started working on it Last April, and now all the difficult parts are completed. The 40ft container will leave Houston Texas December 22nd which means that it will arrive in Bulgaria sometime in Early February. I officially took over control of the Peace Corps ‘At Risk Youth Fund’ so I have been busy managing that committee lately. When I get back from vacation I will start up my kindergarten classes again. I now have a bit more free time; and am looking forward to working with kids again; it helps break up the work week.
I have not had much motivation lately………not sure exactly why that is. I pretty much have to force myself to write in this thing. I am starting to feel like the guy from office space, I just don’t feel much of a drive to do anything. I think this just means I am ready for a vacation and a little breather from the Bulg. Of course…. as I mentioned earlier; it doesn’t help that all I have been thinking about lately is what I am going to do once I step foot in America. I often space out for long periods of time just fantasizing about Mexican food, hot wings, steak, central heating, beer that doesn’t taste like metal, smoke free buildings, …….. and so on. Alrighty……..I should probably stop wasting time at work, and fantasizing about the near future. See you all soon

Trevor Lake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home